Hello cake lovers! I must admit when I set myself this baking challenge last week, it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. So it was really great to hear that some of you have tried last weeks recipe! So as long as you keep reading & baking, I'll keep going!
This weeks recipe is my take on an old American classic, Rocky Road. In my British version, I use what I consider to be the ultimate British biscuit, the HOB NOB! The oats give it a really great texture, I also like to add dried cranberries as the sharpness cuts through the sweet chocolate.
300g chocolate (milk, plain or a mixture of both)
1 tbsp golden syrup
200g Hob Nobs
50g dried cranberries
40g mini marshmallows
1. Melt the chocolate, butter & syrup together in a bowl & mix well
2. Put the biscuits into a food bag & give them a bash with a wooden spoon. You want chunks, not crumbs, so don't take your stress out too much on the poor Hob Nobs!
3. Add the biscuit pieces, cranberries & marshmallows to the melted ingredients & mix well
4. Line a container approx 20cm x 20cm with baking paper. Pour the mixture into the container & smooth it out so it's evenly spread
5. Put the container into the fridge & leave for at least 3 hours. This is the hard part, waiting for it to set!
6. Use the baking paper to lift out the set mixture. With a sharp knife, cut it into squares, fingers, triangles, whatever shape takes your fancy....delicious.
Now, can anyone help me? Just before Christmas I bought a jar of lavender sugar from Waitrose, it looks & smells fantastic, but I haven't got the first idea what to do with it. Any suggestions gratefully received!
Hope you all have a good week, happy baking! Rebecca
Going To Work On An Egg
2 hours ago